As a member of the Finance team, the Staff Accountant will have responsibilities in general accounting, including preparing and posting journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts, assisting with the purchasing administration process and other general accounting. The position will also provide confidential and high-level administrative and clerical support to the Finance team while exercising attention to detail, good judgment and initiative. This position is a great opportunity for an accountant with a solid core base of experience who is interested in broadening his/her scope of responsibility.
- General Accounting:
- Assist with month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules for cash, investments, prepaids, recurring loan entries and other accruals.
- Assist with month-end close procedures and ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- General Accounting Administration:
- Administer the purchase requisition process and maintain the purchase requisition/ purchase order database (includes review of authorization approvals and answer questions from business owners)
- Reviews travel and expense reports, including monitoring expenses to ensure compliance with corporate policy.
- Maintain an efficient filing system.
- Prepare month-end journal entry and reconciliation binders.
- Support external auditor requests.
- Supports the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience specifically in a general ledger capacity.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships across the organization.
- Dependable, completes assigned tasks, excellent follow-through. Ability to manage multi-task and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently and accurately with minimal direct supervision.