Assist in overseeing the company’s external reporting, cost controls, and accounting operations functions. Direct the team responsible for external reporting, general ledger entries, month-end close, payroll, stock administration, and other accounting related activities. Ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met and prepare materials for the audit chair/committee as well as work closely with staff and management on projects and initiatives.
Assist in overseeing the accounting function that includes, but may not be limited to:
- Provide direct supervision and support to Senior Accounting Manager and Senior Payroll/ Stock Manager
- Coordinates and directs the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures including the consolidation of foreign subsidiaries; review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of accurate and timely internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinate and direct preparation of SEC filings including Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and Form 8-K.
- Plan, direct and coordinate accounting function to ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX.
- Manage day-to-day activities of all financial audits of the company including external financial reporting, internal controls and compliance, and federal and state tax reporting including providing outside tax preparers with accounting information on a timely basis for income provisions and tax returns.
- Manage and assess accounting operations and accounting financial information systems; recommend improveme
- ts and implement new processes, systems and controls as required.
- Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of accounting records and resulting financial statements, working closely with CFO, Controller and outside auditors to establish and maintain a partnership that ensures full compliance with GAAP.
- Cash management activities, such as account balance monitoring and bank reconciliations.
- Subsidiary financial compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Work closely with the Finance Department in our Germany office to ensure financial reporting controls are aligned and in compliance.
- Prepare materials for the Audit Committee.
Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Ensure budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- CPA license required.
- Strong U.S. GAAP accounting skills with 8+ years of increasingly responsible accounting and reporting experience.
- Four plus years’ management experience is required.
- Knowledge of SEC rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to effectively plan, organize and complete multiple complex activities, priorities and assignments on a timely basis.
- Excellent technical research, strong analytical ability and the capability to effectively evaluate and implement solutions to accounting problems.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Must be prepared to work additional hours in order to meet monthly, quarterly and annual close deadlines.
- Strong leadership, management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are also required. Must possess the ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions in the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization is a must.
- Expertise in using all Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Strong working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar.
- Experience with a Big Four certified public accounting firm (or similar) is highly preferred.
Dynavax is an equal opportunity employer.