Regional Medical Director
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany. This position is responsible for management, oversight, and execution of medical affairs related activities, both nationally and regionally, of the company’s vaccine products. This position is field-based.
- The key role of this position is to be the subject matter expert (SME) and liaison with medical, public health, and policy communities for assigned products. Activities include, but not limited to:
- Educate medical, scientific, and policy-makers on the science and clinical data supporting HEPLISAV-B.
- Identify and develop relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), researchers, cross-functional partners, and new RMD’s.
- Support scientific meetings and symposia as needed.
- Will be part of a team that will execute advocacy and policy aspects of the medical affairs plan:
- Engagement of policy-makers and advocacy groups;
- Engagement of key medical societies.
- Engagement of key government agencies.
- Engage or support academic institutions, health economics and outcomes research, and managed care organizations.
- Support investigator sponsored research (ISR)
- As the SME, support the commercial team with requests for information and scientific exchange, clinical presentations, competitive intelligence, market research and customer insights, and commercial and brand management.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- This position may travel up to 70%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Healthcare background - (advanced terminal degree--MD, PharmD, PhD, DNP, DPT is required).
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an MSL or five years of clinical practice.
- Proven high business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific and clinical research and literature are essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills – verbal, written, presentation.
- Proven ability to interface with multi-functional teams and influence others to work collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish cohesive teams and interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Must be able to organize, lead, and direct diverse activities in a changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strive to make a significant impact.
- Must be creative and flexible when solving problems, and able to encourage and engage input from others.
- Personal attributes include integrity, flexibility, learning agility, and action- and goal-oriented.
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Additional knowledge and desirable skills:
- Biopharma or Clinical experience in vaccines is highly preferred.
- Experience conducting formal presentations to Company Management and external opinion leaders is highly preferred.
Additional personal & professional characteristics desired:
- Team player
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Ability to Manage Without Authority
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer