Region Account Manager - Texas
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Region Account Manager will have full account responsibility and business ownership for assigned Regional Accounts in the Texas area to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales.
In addition, the Region Account Manager will assist the Market Leader in support of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to large and mid-size integrated delivery networks/systems as well as large group practices, County Health Departments and independent customer types. This position will be field-based and should live in the territory.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing customer relationships for assigned top Regional Accounts. Assigned accounts will include large IDNs, State Departments of Health and Occupational Health Clinics.
- Partner with Market Leader to execute sales & marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned Region Accounts.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence system wide purchasing decisions, including committee members.
- Ensure effective top down and bottom up account management to influence positive purchasing outcomes for HEPLISAV-B.
- Support the Account Manager (AM) team through individual and team based peer coaching (both in person and remotely).
- Develop and communicate effective account plans and monitor progress toward those plans.
- Responsible for understanding market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities and develop strategies and tactics across the accounts in their respective region.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing, or Business from an accredited institution.
- Strategic account management experience as well as some level of management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills.
- Previous industry sales and/or marketing (account based experience preferred) with a high degree of learning ability.
- Knowledge of large health systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
- Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; Mastery of selling skills including Marketplace and account-based selling.
- Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
- Heavy travel required ~50%.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Peer Leadership, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred
- C-suite leadership and account management experience within IDNs and Hospitals is highly preferred
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer