Head, Information Technology
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Head, Information Technology will develop and execute the Dynavax information technology strategy and vision in partnership with executive leadership. He/she will define information technology requirements and solutions that drive innovation and compliance, ensure success for product launches, and establish efficiencies across the organization.
The position will be responsible for establishing and driving an information technology roadmap that spans Applications Development and Maintenance (ERP, TrackWise Digital, Tracelink, MasterControl, Veeva, Argus, etc.), Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure, Cloud and Information Security. All in support of a transforming a dynamic biopharmaceutical company within a highly regulated industry. He/she should be an innovative information technology leader with experience operating at the highest levels of a life sciences organization.
The Head, Information Technology will be a highly collaborative business partner focused on building relationships across the company, and will leverage these capabilities by fostering a positive, constructive culture within the information technology team. He/she will also consult with the Digital Technology function at our antigen manufacturing site in Düsseldorf, Germany.
This executive will be a focused, results-oriented leader capable of delivering significant information technology initiatives and providing outstanding information technology support. He/she will manage/develop competitive tools which support our R&D and commercial efforts.
- Develop, own and execute an information technology strategy and roadmap.
- Drive initiatives around Applications Development, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure, Cloud and Information Security.
- Develop, own, and execute on a robust internal customer relationship plan to exceed internal client expectations in a rapid growing and compliance-based environment.
- Ongoing support of the commercial organization and other field-based employees.
- Develop, implement, and monitor comprehensive IT security and risk management programs including establishing the appropriate policies, trainings and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective governance for IT controls leveraging deep experience in SOX, GxP, Data Protection and other compliance driven requirements.
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of information technology professionals; fostering a culture of collaboration and support through coaching and mentoring; successfully translating business requirements into team deliverables, individual goals, and objectives.
- Serve as the information technology business partner to the Executive Team and lead the company's Information Technology Steering Committee ensuring that the appropriate membership and governance drive the information technology strategy.
- Continually evaluate new technology trends balancing the need for "enterprise ready" technology with a desire to innovate.
- Strong technical acumen, leadership, organizational planning, and project management skills.
- Effectiveness in leading, managing and/or influencing people.
- Successful delivery on cost and schedule for projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant information technology field.
- MBA or Graduate degree and/or equivalent preferred.
- Recent and substantial pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is required.
- Experience across R&D, manufacturing, and commercial functions desired (within life sciences / pharma / biotechnology strongly preferred)
- 15+ years of domestic and global technology leadership experience with increasing responsibility leading teams and directing information technology functions.
- Strong functional skill set and experience in information technology, with a demonstrated capability to lead teams spanning Applications Development, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure, Cloud and Information Security.
- Strong understanding of current best practices in software applications, security, cloud, and infrastructure.
- Experience planning, designing and implementing efficient business and system solutions for supply chain operations.
- Experience planning, designing and implementing cloud services (IAAS, SAAS, possibly PAAS).
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high-performance team.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in ambiguous and frequently changing situations.
- Strong business partnership engagement skills.
- Proven strategic thinker.
- Proven experience delivering multiple complex projects with sometimes competing deadlines.
- Able to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Innovation thought leader who combines experience and creativity to drive change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration/leadership skills.
- Effective communicator (written & oral) with strong presentation and organization skills.