Senior Analyst, Commercial Analytics
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position will be responsible for delivering tactical data drive information and insights to our sales and marketing partners based on analyses of various large data sources. Using various statistical and analytical techniques, the Sr. Analyst II will assist the Director, Commercial Analytics in Dynavax’s commercial planning efforts by providing data analysis into critical business questions. This position will also play a large role in supporting the development and monitoring of the short and midterm forecast.
- Perform data queries and statistical analyses on large data sources to answer key business questions
- Support the design and development of commercial forecast for the Company flagship product.
- Partner effectively and collaborate with commercial organization to integrate key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise into forecasts
- Perform sensitivity analysis against the forecast to create “what if” scenarios
- Assist with Market Research and ensure appropriate findings are being captured and integrated into the forecast
- Align with Finance teams on key financial assumptions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master's in Economics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of Analytics experience working with Commercial teams in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology Industry
- Must have working knowledge of Secondary data sources commonly used for Sales and Market analysis
- Must have proficiency in analytical tools, such as SAS, SQL, Excel, Knowledge in Tableau is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate actionable strategic insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets.