Director, Business Development
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Director, Business Development will report to the VP, Business Development and assist in identifying opportunities and establishing relationships through corporate, academic, and government collaborations and partnerships, in/out licensing, and M&A activities. The Director, Business Development will work closely with senior management, and with Commercial, Medical Affairs, R&D, Operations, Legal and Finance functions to identify and create significant new growth opportunities that leverage Dynavax’s core technologies and competencies. This role can work remotely and can be located in the US or anywhere globally.
- Set up, lead and manage an effective Search and Evaluation facility to single out potential collaboration/in-licensing opportunities and contribute to build a credible vaccine pipeline
- Assist in maximizing the value of Dynavax assets by out-licensing
- Evaluate, working independently or together with the VP, Business Development, preclinical, clinical and commercial stage vaccine opportunities for in-licensing or acquisition
- Establish, manage and maintain relationships with key partners in industry, academic institutions, and government; facilitate and resolve business, technical, and other issues
- Independently develop ideas/proposals for collaboration
- 7+ years relevant business development experience - Vaccine industry experience is required.
- Track record of successful leading, negotiating, and closing deals, both in-licensing and out-licensing, and collaborations with industry, academia, and government.
- Ability to understand the underlying science and business; advance science degree PhD/MD/MS and/or MBA required.
- Demonstrated analytic skills.
- Outstanding collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Highly organized, ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Occasional travel required, as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
Dynavax is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.