Medical Affairs Operations Manager
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position will report to the Vice President, Medical Affairs and be responsible for supporting operations of a team of four field-based Medical Directors. Dynavax is seeking a highly motivated individual who is exceptional at medical affairs operations and project management, who in collaboration with the Medical Directors, will ensure smooth operation the CRM system, the educational grants process, and the review of investigator sponsored grants. In addition, the individual will be responsible for Medical Affairs presence at Congresses, support the Medical Regulatory review of materials, and track key performance metrics for the department.
- Responsible for execution of Medical Affairs operational plan including all Medical Affairs team meetings.
- Coordination of Medical Information functions including Call Center management, SRL Development, and vendor training.
- Coordinate investigator sponsored research review process and submissions, agreements, vaccine shipments to sites, milestone progress.
- Manage CRM system.
- Manage vendors that support medical operations.
- Develop and execute medical education and grant process.
- Support medical review process.
- Develop and execute HEPLISAV-B publication strategy and plan, including abstracts and manuscripts.
- Support scientific meetings and symposia including oversight of congress calendar grid, congress activities, and deliverables.
- Coordinate with Field Medical Team for medical and scientific leader engagements.
- Provide event planning support as needed for internal team meetings, roundtables, advisory boards, and medical congresses
- Assist with engagement of key medical societies and immunization coordinators.
- Manage contracts and track accrual and spend compared with budget for Medical Affairs projects
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Position will be located in Emeryville, but may travel up to 25%.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor/master’s degree or equivalent with 3+ years’ progressive experience in medical affairs, preferably in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Prior experience in biotech and Medical Affairs is preferable
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent program management skills.
- Proven ability to interface in multi-functional teams and influence others to work collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish cohesive teams and interact effectively at all levels in the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Experience with budgeting, finance management and contracting
- Excellent communication, planning, and organization skills
- Must be creative and flexible when solving problems, and able to encourage and engage input from others.
- Personal attributes include integrity, flexibility, and action- and goal-oriented.