Region Account Manager - NYC/Long Island
The Region Account Manager will have full account responsibility and business ownership for assigned Regional Accounts to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales.
In addition, the Region Account manager will assist the Region Business Director in support of a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to large and mid-size integrated delivery networks/systems as well as large group practices, County Health Departments, DOD, DOC, and Independent customer types. This position will be field based.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing customer relationships for assigned top Regional Accounts. Assigned accounts will include large IDNs, State Departments of Health, DOD, DOC facilities and Occupational Health Clinics.
- Partner with Region Business Director to execute sales & marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned Region Accounts.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence system wide purchasing decisions, including committee members.
- Ensure effective top down and bottom up account management to influence positive purchasing outcomes for HEPLISAV-B.
- Support the Account Manager (AM) team through individual and team based peer coaching (both in person and remotely).
- Develop and communicate effective account plans and monitor progress toward those plans.
- Responsible for understanding market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities and develop strategies and tactics across the accounts in their respective region.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing, or Business from an accredited institution
- Strategic account management experience as well as some level of management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills.
- Previous industry sales and/or marketing (account based experience preferred) with a high degree of learning agility.
- Knowledge of large health systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
- Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; Mastery of selling skills including Marketplace and account based selling.
- Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
- Heavy travel required ~50%.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Peer Leadership, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred
- C-suite leadership and account management experience within IDNs and Hospitals is highly preferred