Senior Contracting Manager
As a member of the Legal team, this position will primarily support legal contracting, but will also assist with other Legal department needs and initiatives. This position will oversee day-to-day implementation, use and maintenance of a newly selected state-of-the-art contract management system, Dynavax’s contracting templates and daily interaction with business stakeholders to help lead efforts ensuring that contracting needs are met. This individual will serve as a primary point of contact within the Legal group for clients with basic contracting needs and will work closely with the Associate General Counsel and other Dynavax attorneys on all matters pertaining to contracting, including drafting, negotiating and archiving Dynavax’s active contracts and managing the implementation/build out of Dynavax’s contract management system.
- Oversee implementation and use of contract management system.
- Provide day-to-day legal services to the company pertaining to contracting, including use of Dynavax contract templates and negotiating, drafting and archiving contracts across a broad spectrum of substantive areas,
- Serve as primary point of contact on questions pertaining to Dynavax’s Contracting Policy.
- Assist with operational aspects of healthcare compliance program, including documentation and tracking of HCP contracting/transfers of value; computer based learning management system, and monitoring of certain business activities to help ensure compliance. Advise all Dynavax organizations on regulatory and compliance strategy and matters. This would include commercial, research and development, regulatory and other functions.
- Support legal activities in other substantive areas, as needed.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- At least five years’ experience with contracting support and at least one year experience with the implementation, use and maintenance of a cloud based contract management system for a biopharmaceutical or medical device company.
- At least five years’ experience negotiating and drafting contracts, and advising clients regarding contracting, including at least three years with a pharmaceutical or medical device company functioning in this capacity.
- Ability to work across departments.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead as well as collaborate, and function well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization as well with external parties.
- Proven ability to make sound judgments and decisions. Able to quickly assess problems/situations and provide effective resolutions/solutions.
- A “can do” professional who will work proactively with both internal and external resources to drive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive work relationships and effectively interface at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent communicator with business acumen and the ability to consistently meet or exceed project deadlines.
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.