Senior Information Systems Engineer
The primary responsibilities of the position are to maintain the company’s production systems infrastructure including the operation, design, on-going maintenance and enhancements to Dynavax network, communication systems, computer, storage, virtual and cloud infrastructure in a highly regulated GxP environment.
Strategy and Design:
- Partner with Dynavax IT leadership to plan and design IT infrastructure, information security and disaster recovery requirements in alignment with industry best practices and Dynavax’s current and future business.
- Develop the strategy, design, budget and roadmap for Dynavax IT infrastructure, disaster recovery and information security. This includes WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN, servers, VMware, storage, cloud environment, communications systems, i.e., video-conferencing, telephony, endpoints (workstation and mobile).
- Ensure regulatory compliance is aligned with industry best practices and standards, including ongoing security assessment and responses, identity and authentication services, vulnerability and patch management.
- Design, build and support all aspects of the company’s networks.
- Monitor network and services and collaborate with the Emeryville and Dusseldorf IT teams and key line leaders as needed.
- Implement backups and IT disaster recovery systems and procedures.
- Implement and enhance IT security infrastructure and procedures based on the Information Security Roadmap.
- Manage Microsoft SCCM and Intune.
- Maintain and operate IT infrastructure and security services to agreed-upon service levels.
- Responsible for ongoing IT security audits, identification issues with IT services and operations and prompt response to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Ensure IT infrastructure and security remain in alignment with evolving industry best practices and procedures and Dynavax’s current and future business needs.
- Responsible for vulnerability and patch management enforcement and deployment.
- Work with IT leadership to develop procedures for managing IT infrastructure, security posture, and incident response.
- Develop and measure IT support metrics and implement continuous improvement process and procedures.
- Develop detailed project tasks milestones, status reports and other project documentation to ensure timely and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and WIs (Work Instructions) and documentation standards.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and customer service that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other responsibilities are performed as assigned or needed.
- BS degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Ten plus years of demonstrated IT infrastructure services and information security experience developing strategy, design, budgeting, implementation and operations and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN, OSPF, BGP, and other network related protocols.
- Experience with migration of IT infrastructure, management of and disaster recovery implementation in Cloud platform such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience working in a regulated environment, FDA Title 21 CFR Part 11 a plus.
- Familiarity with NIST or ISO27001 guidelines.
- Strong experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016 implementation, security and operations.
- Strong experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Experience designing and maintaining solutions for Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure