This position will have responsibilities in monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statement close. Responsible for accounting activities related to Research and Development including, but not limited to, accruals of clinical research and development expenses, consolidations, prepaid assets, project allocation of labor and other expense, account reconciliations and analysis.
The senior accountant will independently apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Financial statement close:
- Prepare journal entries for clinical research and development (R&D) accruals, prepaid transactions, recurring loan, and lease entries.
- Conduct contract review and provide guidance to clinical department liaison on accounting impact.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis for both routine and complex account balances relating to areas of ownership.
- Lead the consolidation process with German subsidiary by recording intercompany transactions, chargeback invoicing, foreign currency revaluation, and fluctuation analyses.
- Generate consolidated monthly and quarterly fluctuation analyses utilizing report writer.
- Assist with financial statement preparation.
- As needed, maintain chart of accounts by setting up new main accounts, department, and project codes.
Other accounting-related responsibilities:
- Prepare project allocations of labor and other expenses.
- Work with external auditors and consultants during SOX 404 compliance testing of key controls.
- Perform special projects to ensure proper processes and procedures are in place.
- Other accounting/finance duties and projects as assigned.
Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
• BS in accounting or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in Pharma or Biotech field preferred.
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar accounting software package.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
• Personal attributes should include: detail-oriented, action/goal-oriented, follow through and drive projects to timely completion, ability to plan/manage deadlines.
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer