Senior Manager of Contracts & Legal Operations
As a member of the Legal team, this position will primarily support the contracting function and legal operations generally, but will also assist with other needs and initiatives as they arise.
This position will oversee day-to-day implementation, use and maintenance of a newly selected state-of-the-art contract management system, Dynavax’s contracting templates, and daily interaction with business stakeholders to help lead efforts ensuring that contracting needs are met. This individual will serve as a primary point of contact within the Legal group for clients with basic contracting needs and will work closely with the Associate General Counsel and other Dynavax attorneys on all matters pertaining to contracting, including drafting, negotiating and archiving Dynavax’s active contracts and managing the further implementation, optimization and build out of Dynavax’s contract management system, as well as other programs the legal group assists with.
- Oversee implementation, use and administration of contract management system. Ensure proper record keeping and assist internal personnel with use of the system.
- Provide day-to-day legal services to the company pertaining to contracting, including use of Dynavax contract templates and negotiating, drafting and archiving contracts across a broad spectrum of substantive areas,
- Serve as primary point of contact on questions pertaining to Dynavax’s Contracting Policy.
- Assist with operational aspects of healthcare compliance program and other programs under the Legal umbrella, including documentation and tracking of Healthcare Providers contracting/transfers of value; computer-based learning management system, and monitoring of certain business activities to help ensure compliance.
- Support legal activities in other substantive areas, as needed.
- Support the organization in helping to maintain a work environment that focuses on quality and fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- At least five years’ experience with contracting support and at least one year experience with the implementation, use and maintenance of a cloud based contract management system, preferably for a biopharmaceutical or medical device company.
- Ability to prioritize projects, solve problems independently, self-motivate, exercise judgment, and work well across departments while delivering on-time, exceptional results.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead as well as collaborate, have comfort “managing up” and must be able to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization as well as with external parties.
- A “can do” professional who will work proactively with internal and external resources to drive results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive work relationships and effectively interface at all levels across the organization.
- Comfort with ambiguity and changing needs.
- Experience with hands-on drafting and negotiation of wide-ranging contracts is a plus, but not required. Similarly, experience with biotech regulatory, quality and compliance matters are a plus, but not necessarily required.