Senior Microsoft Dynamics D365 Application Analyst
The Senior Microsoft Dynamics D365 Application Analyst is responsible for day-to-day system administration, solution configuration, customizations, security, SOX compliance, support, integrity and management of Microsoft D365 Dynamics. As a strong business partner to Finance, the Senior Microsoft Dynamics D365 Application Analyst understands business challenges and opportunities and works to lead the configuration and maintenance of value-added solutions to meet the set business requirements. Additionally, this position is responsible for troubleshooting and problem resolution, SOX compliance, management and monitoring of system resources and performance, and support and maintenance of all environments related to Dynamics D365. While the primary focus will be on D365, a willingness to learn and support additional IT business applications, such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint, is important.
System Administration and Support
- System administration of D365 F&O GL, AP and Reporting functions.
- Manage user access, roles, privileges and security enhancements.
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes, and anticipate implications.
- Investigates problems with D365 modules, diagnose root causes, and resolve issues.
- Support user ‘how-to’ questions, walk through D365 steps and train users as needed.
- Analyzes business process issues and improvements and provides solution recommendations to Finance and IT management in timely manner.
- Follow company’s change management process to comply with ITGC policies.
- Provide weekly project status reports and milestone target schedules.
- Manage relationship with external level two support resources, manage escalation process and jointly troubleshoot issues.
Business-Technology Process Management
- Documents and assist users in defining business requirements, process maps, and use cases.
- Secure approvals, follow change management process and track functional changes needed for audit review.
- Investigate feature requests, clarify objectives, understand software functionality, and recommend solutions using industry best practices.
- Functional and technical requirement gathering, gap analysis and documentation on MS Dynamics D365.
- Organize and execute analysis, design/configuration, implementation and delivery the finance modules during Microsoft recommended Dynamics 365 update cycle implementations.
- Analyze and document current and future financial system processes.
Functional Enhancement Management
- Prepare Function Design Documents as part of necessary configuration or development changes/needs.
- Configure Dynamics 365 Finance modules to meet periodic business requirements.
- Manage project tasks to implement enhancements and functional changes.
- Perform unit test, business process transactional test and controls tests and prepare documentation for approval.
- Fulfills Ad-hoc business reporting needs and assists with interpretation of data.
- Define and build various PowerBI reports to support the finance teams.
- Assist the programmers and developers through designing, programming, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting User initiatives.
- Maintain system of internal controls, perform periodic testing and document procedures and results in accordance SOX requirements.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of Microsoft Dynamics D365 and/or AX /2012 ERP Systems support experience.
- Hands on experience in diverse areas including implementation, migration, training & troubleshooting.
- Experience in ERP gap analysis and requirements gathering.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to prioritize demands and multi-task to complete objectives. Ability to be flexible and creative.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to build relationships with our internal and external partners/customers.
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Ability to adapt to changing technical and business requirements.
- Ability to read and understand complex technical documents and procedures.
- Excellent communication, project management & presentation skills.
- Excellent Documentation Skills.
- Appropriate handling of confidential information.
- Worked with teams of developers.
- Ability to work on-call, or respond after-hours required to support Germany.
- 2-3 years of experience supporting Atlassian Jira and Confluence a plus.
Dynavax is an equal opportunity employer.