Market Leader - Department of Corrections & Occupational Health
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.The Market Leader - Department of Corrections (DOC) and Occupational Health will be responsible for the development of segment strategies and corresponding execution plans for the DOC and Occupational Health Segments in the US Market. The Market Leader will collaborate with all levels of Dynavax Senior leadership to develop and maintain plans that enable HEPLISAV-B to meet its full revenue potential within these key customer segments.
The Market Leader – DOC and Occupational Health will lead a best-in-class sales organization responsible for achieving sales objectives for HEPLISAV-B and he/she will also be responsible for driving HEPLISAV-B sales for assigned National DOC and Occupational Health accounts. This position will be field based.
- Achieve sales targets for HEPLISAV-B for DOC and Occupational Health.
- Lead the sales function within the US market, including the management, recruitment and hiring of 1st line leaders and/or Account Directors.
- Facilitate understanding of corporate and brand strategic direction and successfully implement execution plans – with accountability markers – across defined market/region/segment.
- Convey corporate and brand strategy in a manner that creates thorough understanding and commitment to Dynavax success among all team members.
- Establish a culture that inspires sales leaders and individual contributors to achieve team success and individual growth.
- Partner closely with the Marketing, Market Access, Analytics and Medical Affairs teams to ensure alignment of US commercial strategy.
- Manage and build cross-functional processes and communications in support of the overall sales engagement strategy.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing C-suite relationships of Top Accounts within DOC and Occupational Health segments.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years pharma sales experience; 6+ years in sales management
- Second line leader level experience highly preferred
- Strong people management skills to understand needs of team members and develop plans to improve performance
- Strong proven sales leadership, strategic vision, business acumen and influencing skills to drive strategic and operational initiatives across the organization
- Documented track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills
- History of success building Sales, Marketing, related Commercial Operations teams that achieved/exceeded goals
- Candidate should have broad commercial experience potentially including Sales Operations Management, Sales Training and Marketing Experience
- Proven track record of financial/budget management experience
- Knowledge of large health systems, federal business and public health immunization programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning
- Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
- Heavy travel required ~50-75%
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Sales Leadership, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred
- C-suite leadership and account management experience within IDNs and Hospitals is highly preferred
- Prior experience in Corrections or Occupational Health preferred.