Retail Team Leader
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Retail Team Leader will have account responsibility and full business ownership for leading the Pharmacy Account Manager team as well as several assigned Accounts to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales. Additionally, the Retail Team Leader will collaborate with segment leads (Retail, DOD, DOC, etc.) to support Dynavax priorities. This position will be field based.
- Responsible for leading and developing a team of Pharmacy Account Managers (PAM) through individual and team coaching. Provide ongoing feedback through coaching and performance reviews.
- Support, collaborate and lead team meetings designed to implement tactics aligned with execution of sales and marketing strategies within the Retail customer segment.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring retail engagement strategy and key execution metrics required of the PAM team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and retention of key talent to fulfill the expectations of the Pharmacy Account Manager Role.
- Partner with Segment Leaders, Market Leaders (where appropriate) and all headquarter personnel to execute sales and marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing relationships within assigned retail Accounts.
- Responsible for understanding vaccine business, market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities and develop strategies and tactics across the accounts in their region.
- Work closely with marketing to identify and support National and Regional conference initiatives.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax Vision, Core Values and Strong Culture to Win as a team and Grow as an individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing, or Business from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of strategic account management experience preferred.
- Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred.
- 3+ years management experience preferred.
- 2+ years direct retail experience required.
- Must have proven sales leadership, strategic vision, business acumen and influencing skills in order to drive strategic and operational initiatives across targeted accounts.
- Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills.
- Previous industry management experience in sales and/or marketing (account based experience preferred) with a high degree of learning agility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
- Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; Mastery of selling skills including Marketplace and account-based selling.
- Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
- Heavy travel required ~50%.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Sales Leadership, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer