Associate Director, Market Access - Channel Management/3PL & Contract Operations
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Associate Director, Market Access - Channel Management and Operations will oversee and implement Dynavax channel management, 3PL, contract implementation, and chargeback functions to ensure best practices and optimize efficiencies in coordination with internal (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance/Accounting, Trade, and Sales) and external (trade/GPO, government programs) partners, in support of corporate commercial objectives.
- Oversee and manage 3PL partner
- Partner with finance, manufacturing and supply chain to oversee 3PL ordering process, manage distribution inventory and lead overall distribution implementation and operations.
- Develop distribution policies and procedures including but not limited to orders, returns and inventory management, contracts and chargebacks
- Ensure 3PL is updating relevant contract pricing in a timely manner
- Ensures that adequate supply of product is available at 3PL and trade partners; Work with 3PL to manage and resolve all inventory discrepancies or adjustments reported, and annual physical inventory.
- Closely monitor shipping to the network of distributors so that inventory levels meet demand and sufficient product resides within the Distribution Channel
- Uses data reports to monitor and provide updates throughout this process to Commercial Operations internal partners
- Work closely with Sales teams to troubleshoot problems with shipping issues
- Provide insights to GtN Forecasting, Finance and Accounting team to assist in accurate forecasting and reporting of fees, rebates, etc.
- Team with Finance/Accounting to proactively audit purchase orders and invoices to ensure prompt pay fees, and services fees are all properly accounted for, and all quarterly reporting requirements are provided to Finance/Accounting, with timeliness and accuracy
- Create and implements SOP's for tracking chargebacks, returns according to policy, pricing and contract terms
- Improve the accuracy of cash postings and rebate calculations.
- Owner of all SOX controls related to programs and pricing; support internal and external audits
- Company-wide processes for compliance to federal and state transparency responsibilities
- Provide regular updates and quarterly business reviews to Executive Management Team
- Consistently look to improve process and assume new responsibilities
- Perform Adhoc requests
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA, MPH or MS preferred.
- 7-10 years related experience in 3PL operations and management, government program administration, financial contract administration, revenue management; healthcare experience is required.
- Able to manage outside consultants, cross-functional partners and vendors to meet timelines/deliverables
- Able to manage workload with limited guidance and support in prioritization; effective managing to expectations and ability to scope/prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Must be teamwork orientated and willing to collaborate with internal partners
- Strong collaboration, communication, and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, and bright individual
- Experience in Matrix Management, Change Advocate.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness, Business Compliance
- Limited Travel (~10%-20%)
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Vaccine experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, CRM and contract management platforms (e.g., Ironclad), and data analytic platforms (e.g., Tableau)