National Account Director - Trade and GPO Partners
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The National Account Director will be responsible for strategic account management with organized customers/national accounts to support the launch and growth of HEPLISAV-B. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial Operations. This position will be field based.
- Design and execute business-to-business (B2B) engagement models and initiatives aimed at achieving system-level contracted customer performance goals.
- Primary target audience wholesalers and specialty distributors, and provider group purchasing organizations
- Act as the Commercial Operations representative to the customer on behalf of Dynavax, responsible for Contracting Solutions, Managed Care, and Distribution Solutions
- Target stakeholders include: Procurement, Vaccine category managers, Business Development managers, Managed Care, Reimbursement, and Contracting and Administration functions
- Actively identify and recommend new business/collaboration opportunities within assigned accounts, working closely with National Account Lead, Contract Operations, legal, and finance teams to craft plans of action for targeted accounts
- Work cross-functionally with National Account Lead, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs and other headquarters partners to execute launch strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned National Accounts.
- Participate in Distributor and Supplier Summits
- Act as the Economic/Value Proposition “expert” to the customer
- Conduct regular Business Reviews with assigned accounts
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Attend/staff/participate in meetings and/or conferences as requested by management
- Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing, or Business preferred from an accredited institution
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- 5+ years of National Account Experience required
- Strong background in Account Management with contracted customers
- Strong background/familiarly with the retail site of care as it pertains to adult non-flu vaccines
- Experience in managed care and the claims adjudication process within a retail pharmacy setting
- Experience in contract negotiations, fee-for-service contract set-up and management, and working with in-house legal and finance functions to accomplish the above
- History of innovative and strategic account approaches to maximize/optimize adoption and utilization of a given intervention or therapy
- Vaccine experience highly preferred
- Strong record of high performance and consistent results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills
- Heavy travel required ~50-70%