Senior Manager/Associate Director, Business Analytics
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position is responsible for collaborating with cross functional commercial teams to translate insights and analytics to develop all business analytics for the company. This position will have a heavy focus on developing and monitoring the short and midterm forecast. This position will be the primary point of contact for leadership team to understand current performance, segment metrics and provide ad hoc analysis to the senior leadership as needed.
- Develop and manage the continued development of commercial forecast for the Company flagship product.
- Lead the design and implementation of model updates with new forecast approaches
- Partner effectively and collaborate with commercial organization to integrate key market dynamics and cross-functional expertise into forecasts
- Monitor and develop reports to inform on the current business landscape
- Monitor and tracking of forecast accuracy and key assumptions
- Perform sensitivity analysis against the forecast to create “what if” scenarios
- Assist with Market Research and ensure appropriate findings are being captured
- Coordinate with Finance teams to align on key assumptions
- Clearly and concisely present forecast methodology and results to senior leadership
- Build peer support and strong internal relationships with colleagues
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and at least 7 years of related experience, advanced degree in quantitative field
- At least 7 years of analytical experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or consulting experience
- Prior forecasting experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate actionable strategic insights.
- Proficiency in reporting and data analytics tools like Excel, Tableau, QuickBase
- SQL skills a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large datasets.