Pharmacy Account Manager - Northeast
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Pharmacy Account Manager will have full account responsibility and business ownership for assigned Retail Pharmacy Accounts to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales. Pharmacy Account managers will be focused on Region and District Pharmacy Leaders (RLs and PDMs) in the Top 10 Retail Pharmacy Banners. In addition, the Pharmacy Account Manager will work directly with the Retail Market Leader to provide pull through support for National initiatives within the Top 10 Retail Pharmacy Banners. This position is field based, and the employee should reside in the Northeast.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing relationships for assigned Accounts/Call Targets. Assigned Accounts/Call Targets will include Retail Pharmacy Leaders within the following Banners: Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, Albertsons, Rite Aid, Kroger, HEB, Publix, SAMS, COSTCO.
- Partner with Retail Market Leader to execute sales and marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned accounts/call targets
- Responsible for understanding market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities and develop strategies and tactics across assigned accounts/call targets
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence National/Region/District decision making.
- Ensure effective top down and bottom up account management to influence positive purchasing outcomes for HEPLISAV-B across assigned accounts/call targets.
- Develop and communicate effective account plans and monitor progress toward those plans.
- Exercise sound judgment and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax Vision, Core Values and Strong Culture to Win as a team and Grow as an individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited institution
- 1+ year of retail pharmacy experience required
- Vaccine experience required
- 2+ years of strategic account management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success.
- Demonstrate a history of a high degree of learning agility.
- Knowledge of product adoption process within large retail pharmacy chains, market dynamics, and reimbursement concepts (local market area preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Experience in developing and managing a range of accounts/call targets to drive execution and follow through.
- Excellent oral and written and virtual communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
- Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; mastery of selling skills including marketplace and account-based selling.
- Heavy travel required ~30-50%.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
Dynavax is an Equal Opportunity Employer