Supply Chain Analyst
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Supply Chain Analyst will support development and execution of commercial supply chain function. Position will have primary responsibility for shipping and logistics for drug substance, drug product and samples between Dynavax, CMOs and 3PLs. Role will support overall supply chain coordination between commercial demand, inventory management and production planning.
· Coordinate domestic and international cold chain shipments. Ensure GDP compliance with country specific regulations to enable delivery of products to final destinations.
· Review and resolve all shipment issues (damage, temperature excursions, non-compliance.) Analyze root cause and propose solutions to resolve recurring problems, including deviation and CAPA ownership.
· Ensure Dynavax and partner SOPs are thorough, up-to-date and ensure successful shipping operations.
· Support shipping validation studies, as required.
· Responsible for execution of DSCSA serialization program by ensuring finished product has been properly serialized and data properly transmitted.
· Support S&OP process, coordinate monthly planning meetings with Technical Operations and other functional groups to ensure that logical schedules and strategies are produced and agreed upon.
· Manage supply plans with CMOs, vendors and customers, including forecasts, purchase orders and invoices.
· Measure supply plan accuracy to inform safety stock requirements and inventory targets. Identify backordered/low inventory and expiration risk to assist allocation decision.
· Assist Finance with inventory reconciliation, forecasting and financial close.
· Collect Key Performance Indicators to track and report supply chain performance for Dynavax and partners.
· Collect, evaluate and analyze data to inform decisions and/or action plans that support program / process improvement.
· Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
· A minimum of 2-5 years of supply chain or logistics experience in commercial supply chains in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
· Global logistics and cold chain experience is required.
· Must possess import/export expertise including customs, transportation, and regulatory guidelines.
· Familiarity with TraceLink Serialization system or ability to master new software.
· Working knowledge of cGMPs/cGDPs and pharma industry procedures and regulations.
· Theoretical and practical knowledge of sales forecasting, demand planning and manufacturing capacity management.
· Ability to anticipate/define problems, collect and analyze data, draw valid conclusions and execute corrective actions and preventative measures.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team.
· Must have strong verbal, written, presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
· Organizational, time management, and project management skills are required.
· Proficiency with: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project and ERP software.
· Available for off-hours questions and calls with international sites.
· Must have the proven ability to make well thought out decisions under stressful and conflicting situations.