Senior Administrative Assistant
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential and high-level administrative support to the Human Resources Department. The position will also provide about 8 hours of administrative support per week to our Chief Financial Officer. The position requires good judgment, initiative, strong administrative skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department and to our CFO including:
- Maintain multiple and complex calendars to reduce schedule conflicts and accommodate high-priority appointments.
- Organize and schedule meetings with high attention to detail on communication to participants, materials, agendas, etc.
- Prepare and compile confidential correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Assist in the management of vendors and other external resources, including the preparation and execution of contracts, purchase requisitions, and other agreements as needed.
- Coordinate, track, and process all Human Resources invoices. Ensure invoices are routed appropriately for review and approval and are submitted to accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain both paper and computerized filing systems as needed.
- Arrange travel plans as needed and ensure executives have appropriate travel itinerary and/or documentation.
- Assists in the preparation and administration of department budgets.
- Process expense reports as needed.
- Provide administrative support to our Talent Acquisition (TA) team including disposition of candidates within our TA system, scheduling of phone screens, processing of background checks, etc.
- Assist with Corporate Services administrative work as needed.
- Maintain and update HR’s DNET intranet page.
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the HR shared drive.
- Assist with data entry in our ADP / WFN system.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Senior Administrative Assistant will have a minimum of 7 years of progressive administrative experience including previous experience supporting senior leaders.
- Computer literacy, with strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships across the organization.
- Dependable, a strong track record of completing assigned tasks, excellent follow-through.
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently and accurately with minimal direct supervision.
- Anticipate a variety of needs and problems and proactively suggest approaches and solutions. Stay abreast of developing needs and requirements and act resourcefully.
- Previous experience in working with personal, sensitive, and confidential data is required.
Additional knowledge and DESIRABLE skills:
- Previous experience supporting a Human Resources Department is desirable.
- Previous experience working with talent acquisition software is a plus.
- Previous experience working with ADP / WFN is a plus.