Vaccine Specialist - New Jersey North
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Vaccine Specialist will have responsibility and ownership for assigned HCPs and targeted clinics to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales. The Vaccine Specialist will be focused on driving awareness and advocacy across assigned targeted clinics and HCPs, affiliated with key Integrated Delivery Systems as well as large group practices, County Health Departments, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and independent customer types. In addition, the Vaccine Specialist will provide pull through support for large integrated delivery networks/systems. This position is field-based.
- Deliver high-quality customer engagements that drive awareness and advocacy for HEPLISAV-B at the child account and HCP level.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence system wide purchasing decisions, including committee members.
- Change customer behaviors by understanding beliefs about current prevention practices and providing appropriate insight that creates motivation for change.
- Deliver complete clinical and safety information for HEPLISAV-B and provide support and resources that assist customers in achieving desired health outcomes.
- Collaborate with customers through solid relationship management skills and leverage customer insights to provide comprehensive solutions for Hepatitis B Prevention.
- Create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of HEPLISAV-B (clinical and safety) and execute on effective contracted price discussions in support of patient outcomes.
- Coordinate with customer team, Key Account Leader, Region Key Account Leader, or Key Account Director to execute sales and marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned HCPs and Child Accounts.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date customer records in the Account Management system.
- Foster Dynavax vision, core values and strong culture to win as a team and grow as an individual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Medical Sciences, Marketing or Business from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated track record of consistent sales and growth success.
- 2+ years of industry sales (account-based experience preferred) with a high degree of learning agility.
- Some marketing experience desirable.
- Knowledge of product adoption process within large health systems, healthcare market dynamics, and reimbursement concepts (local market area preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Experience in developing and managing a range of accounts to drive execution and follow through.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning.
- Understanding of organization and strategic objectives; mastery of selling skills including marketplace and account based selling.
- Heavy travel required ~30-50%.
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness.
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Customer marketing experience with IDNs and Hospitals is preferred.
- Vaccine and retail experience highly preferred.