Senior Manager, Key Accounts - Oregon/Idaho
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
The Senior Manager, Key Accounts will have full account responsibility and business ownership for assigned Accounts to establish and grow HEPLISAV-B sales. Working with the Market Leader, and support from the Key Account Director, this position will serve as the primary account owner with assigned Regional Accounts. The Senior Manager, Key Accounts will primarily engage with C and D-suite customers and help coordinate efforts with the extended account team to drive positive formulary outcome and subsequent pull-through within assigned accounts. He/she will collaborate with all levels of Dynavax Senior leadership team to develop strategies and execution plans that enable HEPLISAV-B to meet its full revenue potential in assigned accounts. This position will be field-based.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and owning/managing customer relationships for assigned Regional Accounts. Assigned accounts will include large IDNs, Independent customers and Group Practices.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all C and D suite interactions, demonstrating a deep understanding of vaccine decision making, buying process and key decision makers across assigned accounts.
- Responsible for developing, communicating and monitoring an account strategy for each assigned account.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders who influence system wide purchasing and health outcomes decisions, including immunization committee members.
- Partner with Market Leader and Key Account Director to execute sales & marketing strategies to support HEPLISAV-B adoption within assigned Region Accounts.
- Collaborate with Vaccine Specialist Team as needed to ensure effective top down and bottom up account management to influence positive purchasing outcomes for HEPLISAV-B.
- Responsible for understanding competitive positioning, market dynamics and customer business models to identify opportunities across assigned Regional accounts.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date customer records in the Account Management system.
- Exercise sound judgement and oversight to ensure integrity and compliance with company policies in all activities and communications.
- Foster Dynavax core values and leadership behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 6 years in sales in the Life Science industry
- Previous vaccine experience is highly preferred
- Strong proven strategic vision, business acumen and influencing skills to drive strategic and operational initiatives across the organization
- Documented track record of consistent sales and growth success along with superb account management skills
- Proven track record of financial/budget management experience
- Knowledge of large health systems, including immunization related quality initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive business results and identify new opportunities and strategies through strategic thinking and business planning
- Experience in matrix management, change advocate.
- Heavy travel required ~50%
- Key Competencies: Accountability, Customer Engagement, Customer Discovery, Business Acumen, Executional Effectiveness
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- Vaccine and retail pharmacy experience highly preferred
- C-suite leadership and account management experience within IDNs and Hospitals is highly preferred