Associate Director, Marketing
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position will plan, develop, and implement promotional activities across targeted customer segments to support commercial product(s).
The Associate Director will lead the development and implementation of Direct-to-Consumer initiatives for the HEPLISAV-B brand, including:
- Lead DTC content marketing strategy, including campaign/creative asset development and efficient execution of content across channels.
- Develop deep consumer insights to effectively execute consumer/patient multi-channel media buys, ad placement, channel measurement and optimization, SEO/SEM strategy.
- Orchestrate and execute the brand’s social media strategy and launch social campaigns.
- Mine digital analytics and performance metrics for brand digital properties such as websites and other digital and social channels for meaningful insights and opportunities to optimize our digital strategy.
- Lead brand digital strategy that includes aggressive expansion of pilot-to-launch efforts.
- Lead day-to-day oversight of agency relationships.
- Handle the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible and compliant consumer communications.
- Measure, monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing programs to key stakeholders in order to inform investment decisions.
- Participate in other brand-related planning and budgeting efforts including annual tactical plans, business reviews, etc. where applicable.
- Comply with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Dynavax activities.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters respect, learning, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- The Associate Director level will have at least 5 years’ experience in product marketing experience. Ideal candidate has significant digital marketing and/or consumer/patient marketing experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and best practices with digital marketing frameworks, tools, platforms, and processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to manage complex processes and initiatives.
- Experience and the desire to work within a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have proven ability to operate independently, be resourceful and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in segmentation, targeting, and positioning to successfully drive growth.
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills and ability to synthesize and integrate customer insights data, draw conclusion and implications, and translate into comprehensive strategies and business decision recommendations.
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the US legal-regulatory environment affecting appropriate promotional activities.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals, for larger-scale product marketing organizations.
- Position requires 25% travel.
- Key Competency Profile:
- Strategic Agility
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Additional knowledge and skills desired, but not required:
- A degree in the life sciences is a plus; and an MBA or graduate degree is preferred.
- Vaccine marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech sales and/or sales management is a plus.