Manager, Service Desk
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
Manage and lead all aspects of end user support. Responsible for analyzing, planning, and designing the organization’s Service Desk according to industry’s best practices and ensuring high level of customer service, availability, quality, and timely resolution. Manage all procedures related to identification, prioritization, monitoring, tracking and resolution of service request and coordination of overall Service Desk function.
This position is responsible for procurement of computer hardware, software, and services.
- Manage Service Desk team to support all Dynavax employees and consultant’s computer needs and requirements. Manage all aspects of Level 1 and Level 2 end user support.
- Develop Service Desk policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Manage the day-to-day Service Desk operations to ensure business needs are met according to service level agreements.
- Manage escalations and see to swift end user problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on technical guidance to Service Desk staff.
- Ensure excellent delivery of support for all corporate desktops and/or laptops, enterprise software, corporate Wi-Fi, mobile devices, AV, and communication systems.
- Monitor and report on key metrics for measuring service level, response time quality and drive consistent improvement based on the data. Produce regular KPI reports.
- Research and recommend future technologies related to corporate hardware/software and workspace collaboration to support modern and agile workplace environment, and work with Infrastructure and security teams on implementation.
- Oversee Service Desk staffing, including hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, and appropriate disciplinary actions when necessary. Collaboration with service desk team in Germany in guiding global service desk processes and standards.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to ensure smooth adoption of new and current technology functions.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Responsible for new hire employee on-off boarding procedures, including hardware/software deployment, systems assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer focus and motivation is a key element. Must have strong clarity to goals, prioritization, practical creativity, and analytical abilities.
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Five plus years of Service Desk experience with at least 2 years in management.
- Demonstrated experience in management of core Service Management capabilities. ITIL Foundation certification (preferred).
- Experience with development, maintenance, and integrity of Service Desk ticketing software. Experience with Jira Service Management a plus.
- Experience working in a federally regulated environment. Previous GxP and/or Sarbanes-Oxley experience a plus.
- Experience managing deployment and support for Microsoft Windows, Office 365. Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Experience deploying self-help tools and user training guides.
- Self-confident with a high level of team commitment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work with all employees across the organization.
- Must be able to multi-task, strong attention to detail, organized, and flexible to changing needs and priorities.
- Experience with system design and development from business requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.