Senior Administrative Assistant - Finance, Legal, Commercial
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position is responsible for providing confidential and high-level administrative support (both onsite &virtual) to the Executive Assistant and Finance, Legal, Commercial. This position must exercise good judgment, initiative, and autonomy; handle special projects and coordinate activities between departments and outside parties; and contact internal and external personnel at all levels to gather information and accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort. Work is generally of a critical and/or confidential nature.
- Provide full administrative support to the Executive Assistant and the following departments: Finance, Legal, Commercial
- Maintain multiple and complex calendars to reduce schedule conflicts and accommodate high-priority appointments.
- Organize and schedule meetings with high attention to detail on conference room bookings, necessary AV/teleconference equipment, communication to participants, and agendas.
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans both domestic and international, to include meeting or conference registration, hotel, and transportation needs, and ensure executives have appropriate travel itinerary and/or documentation.
- Determine priorities and actions required on executive projects in a proactive manner and follow through to ensure completion according to delegated tasks from Executive Assistant and VP’s calendars or deadlines.
- May assist in the management of vendors and other external resources, including the preparation and execution of contracts and confidentiality agreements and other agreements.
- Establish and maintain both paper and computerized filing systems.
- Support the efficiency of department operations through verbal and written communications and systems.
- Coordinate, track, and process purchase request forms and contracts per request. Ensure purchase request forms and contracts are routed appropriately for review and approval and are submitted to Finance and Legal (via Ironclad/DocuSign) in a timely manner.
- Assemble documents and supplies as needed to support department activities.
- Anticipate a variety of needs and problems and proactively suggest approaches and solutions. Stay abreast of developing needs and requirements and act resourcefully.
- Prepare and compile confidential correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Coordination of events, catering, and department gatherings -both onsite and virtual
- Assist other administrative staff, including Corporate Services as necessary and sorting/prioritizing department mail.
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Designated back-up Sales Operations point of contact, delegated if needed.
- Coordinator of state licenses with Market Access.
- Serve as back up coverage to Sr. Admin (Tech Ops, Clinical, RA, Med Affairs, Drug Safety, R&D, IT) and EA as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4+ years’ progressive administrative assistant experience. Experience in biotechnology, Legal, Commercial and/or Finance highly desirable.
- Computer literacy, with strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Zoom, DocuSign, Concur, Ironclad, and FedEx knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effective interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships across the organization.
- Dependable, complete assigned tasks, excellent follow-through. Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to perform detailed work independently and accurately with minimal direct supervision.
- Notary Public (not required but welcomed).
- HS diploma required, college degree a plus.