Senior Manager, Market Research
US-Emeryville, CA OR Remote
Dynavax is a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent disease. Our vision and work ethic are guided by the collective ideals underpinning our corporate values, and these form the basis of our dynamic company culture. Our employees are based throughout the United States (including our headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area) and our manufacturing facility in Düsseldorf Germany.
This position is responsible for delivering actionable market insights through market research for the US organization. This individual will demonstrate leadership in translating research and data into insights, and insights into action for the commercial organization, including deliberate and actionable measurement of execution, engagement, and impact of consumer and customer tactics and channels. This individual will be a key member of the Commercial Operations team and work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop and execute on the market research plan.
- Execute market research projects related to the company’s vaccine market and brands
- Conduct market research projects to support the brand strategy, including identification of market research needs, vendor selection, design, and execution
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with key stakeholders
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Manage projects within budgets, schedules, and corporate policies.
- Inform development of market research plans and demonstrate the ability to modify the plan as needs change.
- Proactively Identify knowledge gaps and recommend approaches to address these needs.
- Translate market research insights and data into actionable recommendations.
- Develop and refine presentations to effectively communicate complex information clearly and concisely to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Work closely with brand teams to understand business needs and shape research to address key business questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred a minimum of 5 years experience in commercial operations or healthcare consulting
- 3+ years of primary market research experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Proven ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative projects.
- Excellent communication skills with a well-developed ability to communicate efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate complex information to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and managing multiple demands/priorities from various internal customers.
- Working knowledge and experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., prescription and sales data, patient claims data, promotional audits).
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Occasional travel required, as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position.
Dynavax is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.